Wordpress Hosting
After a couple of weeks working with the hosted version of Wordpress, I finally came across enough reasons to move on. While the hosted version is good enough for most users, these are a few things that I couldn't figure out:
- customize templates to the point of tweaking the HTML. They have a large collection, though.
- because of the above, it was almost impossible to enter script tags required to integrate code from other parties such as Google Analytics.
- the built-in Blog statistics are good if all you need to know is the last couple of days, but when if you want to do any more analysis over a longer period of time, you need to figure out other methods
- the built-in Feed statistics are not documented, so it's unclear how they get them
Of course the big driver was to secure a domain for the project and it turns out I finally figured out one that was just perfect.
So, after considering the options I decided to try with Yahoo. They run a Small Business option that includes WordPress as the blog tool. Everything from the domain registration to integration with other Yahoo accounts you may have was done without problems.
So here it is, the new domain: http://global-culture.org

1 Comments:
I am finding the same problems with wordpress, no way to tweak html (I want the cool quotes like you) and the traffic stats are the poorest I ever seen. I am thinking to migrate from there, but now I am afraid of redirecting traffic from one blog to another, especially since it is a new, unknown blog...
11:43 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home